Meet the children of Asueyi and Piase Primary School. They are happy, enthusiastic children who attend school in a
predominantly farming community in the Bosumtwi and Techiman District of Ghana.
Like many rural schools in Sub-Saharan Africa, these children face several challenges.
- They have no library in the school or in the community. Access to early learning aids is limited. The digital divide is wide.
- Malaria is endemic and it is common to find many children who are orphans as a result of HIV/AIDS and other preventable diseases.
Please become a partner with GBAF to save the children’s future. You can a difference in the live of one child today and change a whole community.
In early 2012, Give Back Africa Foundation, a volunteer-run IRS tax deductible non-profit, donated six (6) used computers, over two thousand math and reading books, and hundreds of backpacks to schools in two villages in the districts. Until then, most of the kids had not touch a computer.
Later in 2012 and 2013
- we plan to provide additional schools in the communities with books, 10 computers and electronic learning aids and reinforce our support to the schools visited earlier in 2012. We believe education in Africa is the only solution to the continent’s many problems.
- We also plan to erect a community playground for kids in two communities where children can enjoy their childhood and develop early learning skills.
- In our visits, we will meet with the local communities for health education with focus on malaria, HIV/AIDS and immunization to make sure preventable diseases won’t prevent these children from realizing their dreams.
We estimate a budget of at least $50,000 to accomplish this.
Your support will help Give Back Africa Foundation help these children and many more kids achieve their academic and personal potential in life.
You are the one who will make the difference. The organization will only serve as your agent in helping to fulfill your personal mission.
Ways You Can Help
Make a General Donation
Make a generous donation to help GBAF buy computers, software and electronic learning aids and pay for the cost of shipping these items to Africa and health education for the communities we serve.
Click to donate
GBAF is an IRS 501 (c)(3) exempt organization and so your donation is tax deductible
Send backpacks with school supplies
Send Bed/Mosquito Nets
Malaria kills a child every 45 seconds and keep many out of school. Mosquito nets can protect whole families from malaria but few can afford them. Join us to protect the most vulnerable.
We thank you very much for your generosity.